- There are many reasons why you might want to save money. Maybe you’re saving to pay your car tax. Or in case your boiler breaks down. Or maybe you’re saving for something special like a family holiday.
- Whatever it might be, we all save money to be in control of our finances, so we are ready for a rainy day.
To join you need to live or work within our common bond area – Stroud District Council or the Tetbury area of Cotswold District Council
As well as the Stroud District area we cover the parishes of Ashley, Avening, Beverston, Boxwell with Leighterton, Cherington, Didmarton, Kingscote, Long Newnton, Ozleworth, Rodmarton, Sapperton, Shipton Moyne, Tetbury, Tetbury Upton and Westonbirt with Lasborough
Check the maps below to see if you live or work within the boundary lines.
Click on a map to enlarge
If you have any questions, please do call us on: 01453 298785 . If we are not open you can leave a message and we will call you back.
How to become a member of Stroud Valleys Credit Union
- Check that you live or work in the Stroud District area or the Tetbury area.
- Fill in a membership application form. Forms are available from our customer service points or you can download a form at the bottom of this page.
- Produce proof of identity (passport, driving licence etc.)
- Produce proof of address (utility bill).
- Pay £4 joining fee and deposit at least £5 in your savings account.
or Join Online
To join online you need to be 18 or over
In order to complete your application you will need:
- a valid email address
- to pay a total of £9 (this is made up of a £4 joining fee and a deposit of £5 into your new account) via PayPal, debit card or credit card
Once you submit your application, you will be taken to PayPal where you can checkout securely. You do not need a PayPal account to make a payment you can simply checkout as a guest which allows you to pay using a debit card or credit card.
We can only begin the process of opening your new account once payment has been made.
Ready to join? OPEN OUR SECURE APPLICATION FORM
The easiest way to save is to arrange a standing order from your current account. Forms are available from our customer service points or you can download a form at the bottom of this page. Please remember to add your member number to the SVCU reference box.
Alternatively you can make payments in person at one of our customer service points.
To access your savings (also called ‘shares’) you need to fill in a share withdrawal form. Forms are available from our customer service points or you can download a form at the bottom of this page.
You can choose whether to be paid by BACS or cheque and will receive your money within 7 days.
There will probably be times when you need more money than you have in your savings, or you may wish to keep your savings intact. You can then apply for a low interest loan.