THE STANDARD LOAN: FOR LONGER TERM MEMBERS
The standard loan is exclusively for members who’ve saved regularly with us for at least three months. You can apply to borrow up to twice your savings, and possibly three times if you have a good loan repayment history (up to a maximum of £7,500).
The interest rates are:
£100-£4,999: 1.25% per month which equals 15% a year (APR). If the loan is the same as the amount in your savings account, the interest rate is 0.65% a month which equals 8% a year (APR)
£5,000-£7,500: 0.65% a month which equals 8% a year.
To be eligible for a Standard Loan of £100 to £4,999 you will need to:
- have a good record of saving with Stroud Valleys Credit Union
- agree not to withdraw your savings until the amount left to repay is less than you have in your savings
- have sufficient disposable income
To be eligible for a Standard loan of £5,000 to £7,500 you will need also to:
- have a minimum household income of £18,000 mainly from employment or pension
- be up to date with any existing or previous loans
- make repayments by standing order unless cash repayments on previous loans were made without defaults
- have no adverse credit findings for 3 years
- have lived at your current address for at least 2 years